Creamy Crawfish Fettuccini
This creamy crawfish fettuccini with crawfish tails, mushrooms, and
cheesy Cajun seasoned sauce is great served with a nice salad and garlic
bread on the side.
- 2-3 sticks butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Jalapenos,
seeded and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour (more of
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, such as
half and half
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces
cubed cheese, such as colby, jack, cheddar, pepper jack
- 1 lb. of
peeled crawfish tails
- 1 lb. fettuccini, cooked and kept warm
- Melt the butter in a large pot using medium heat.
- Toss in the
mushrooms, garlic, diced onions, jalapeno peppers and bell peppers. Cook
until tender which takes about 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the Cajun
seasoning and flour making sure to keep stirring for about 1- 3 minutes.
You just want this mixed well, not browned.
- Stir in the heavy
cream a little at a time and cook until the mixture has slightly
thickened, making sure to stir often.
- Stir in the cheese and soup
and continue stirring until the cheese is melted and creamy.
the crawfish tails, and cook only until it was warmed throughout.
- Serve in shallow plates or bowls over the cooked fettuccine.
Cornbread, garlic bread or hush puppies along with a salad are great
sides to serve with this.
Cajun Recipes Page 1