Char-Grilled Louisiana Oysters with Bacon-Anchovy Butter
- 72 ea Louisiana Oysters
- 1 3/4 lb Unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Bacon, applewood smoked, thick cut, small dice
- 2 Tbsp Anchovy
fillets, oil marinated, mashed to paste
- 6 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup
- 2 Tbsp Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
- 9 Tbsp Lemon juice,
- 2 1/4 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan
- 3 Tbsp Smoked
- Prepare and light charcoal grill or preheat
- Combine 1½ lb. butter, bacon, anchovy fillets, garlic, bourbon,
TABASCO® and 6 Tbsp. lemon juice in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer and cook
slowly for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Clean outside of
Louisiana oysters to remove any loose debris. Shuck oysters. Strain oyster
liquid into container and add shucked oysters.
- Reserve bottom half of shell and
discard top half.
- Melt remaining ¼ butter in sauté pan. Add breadcrumbs and
cook while stirring constantly until slightly browned. Remove from heat and
- Place bottom half of shells on grill. Add small amount of
bacon-anchovy butter sauce to each shell. Allow shells and sauce to heat up.
- Spoon 1 oyster into each shell and top with more sauce and a little oyster
- Cook until edges of oyster begin to curl up. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs,
Parmesan and smoked paprika. Continue to cook until breadcrumbs brown slightly
and oysters are cooked, but not overcooked.
- To finish, drizzle each
oyster with some of the remaining 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice.