Cajun Cafe Brulot
- 1 T Brown sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 5 Whole cloves
- 1 Lemon
rind, thinly slivered
- 1 Orange rind, thinly slivered
- 2 Thin slices
- 1 Thin slice orange
- 1/2 c Orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 c
- 3 c Louisiana coffee w/chicory
- Lemon rind curls
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves and citrus rinds in a chafing dish or
medium skillet; heat until sugar begins to dissolve.
- Add citrus slices,
liqueur and brandy; heat.
Half fill a metal ladle with some of
the hot liquid and carefully ignite.
- Add to mixture in pan to ignite,
ladling to distribute flavors.
- When flame dies, add coffee; heat.
- Serve in demitasse cups; garnish with curls of lemon and orange rind
Cajun Recipes Page 1