- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper, red and black
- Melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Add milk and beat until lumps are gone. Add seasonings.
- After gravy is completed, add sautéed mushrooms and onions, if desired.
- Can also add cooked pork chops or whatever else is desired to this
- Simmer about 10 minutes
This gravy is also great with crumbled breakfast sausage mixed in and served
Source: Sunday Dinner Newsletter
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes