Cajun Chicken and Sausage
- 6 boneless chicken thighs about 2 pounds
- 1 pound lean smoked sausage; cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 teaspoons Cajun Creole seasoning
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups instant rice
- Place all ingredients, except chicken and rice in crockpot; stir.
- Top vegetables and spices with chicken pieces. Pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in rice and cook 15 to 20 minutes until
Yields 6 servings.
This recipe was posted at our old cooking blog.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes