Cajun Brined Smoked Chicken
- 1 cup Morton Tenderquick
- 2 quarts
- 3/4 cup cane syrup
- Handful of red pepper flakes
- Soak the chicken in the brine for 24 hrs.
- Rinse THOROUGHLY. If it's
not rinsed good enough, it'll be too salty to eat.
rinsing, dry the chicken & brush with a thin coat of syrup.
- Sprinkle on
a little Cajun seasoning & tie in a meat net or cheese cloth.
- Smoke over oak or pecan at about 200°-225° till it's tender & the juices
- It should take at least 6 hrs.
Recipe and photo
courtesy of Kevin
McCullin, thanks so much!
Cajun Recipes Page 1