Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds Chicken fryer or broiler
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- Mix the buttermilk with salt, pepper
and Cajun seasonings.
- You can leave the skin on the
chicken or remove it.
- In a shallow container, place
the chicken and pour the buttermilk mixture over top.
- Cover the chicken and let stand
for about 20 minutes, turning over once.
- Remove the chicken and place on
dish. Discard buttermilk.
- Dredge chicken in flour, making
sure to coat the chicken very well.
- Cook in hot oil (350F.) until
browned, turning to brown both sides.
- Reduce heat to 275F. Cover and
cook about 25 minutes.
- Uncover and cook an additional 5
minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Yields: 4 servings.
Photo credit: Arnold Gatilao.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes