Beef Pot Roast by Slap Ya Mama
Pot roast is one of the comforting meals. Gather family or friends, or
both to enjoy this great beef pot roast.
- 3 - 4 lbs beef chuck roast, boneless
- 12 cloves garlic, halved
Tbsp. Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into chunks
- 10 whole
- 8 small potatoes, rinsed
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- With a knife, cut a slit into the roast just big enough to stuff a
half of a clove of garlic into it. Continue stuffing the roast with
garlic until you’ve stuffed it with half of the garlic. Season the
outside of the roast with 2 Tbsp of Slap Ya Mama Original Blend
Seasoning or until it’s seasoned to your taste.
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add 2
Tbsp of olive oil. Once oil is hot, add roast and brown each side for 3
to 4 minutes. Remove roast from pot and set aside.
- Add in 1 Tbsp
olive oil, remaining garlic, onion, bell pepper and carrots; brown until
onions become slightly translucent. Remove carrots and set aside.
- Add ½ cup of water; stir (scraping the bottom of the pot) to help to
bring the bottom up. Add roast back to pot, add carrots, potatoes, thyme
and enough water to reach half way up the roast. Bring to a boil. Cover
and place in oven.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 2 hours for a 3-pound
roast and 3 hours for a 4-pound roast.
- Serve over white rice and
Recipe and photo is courtesy of
Slap Ya Mama, used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1