Cajun Alligator and Ham Soup
- 2 lb Alligator meat
- 2 tb Flour
- 1 Ham, small piece
- 1 Lemon, piece
- Onion, chopped
- Bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut ham into bits; mash herbs and seasonings with it, and put them
- Boil alligator meat 15 minutes. Remove from heat and save the stock.
Chop up the meat.
- Brown onions in lard or vegetable oil; add alligator meat and brown
well. Then add ham and seasonings, stirring constantly.
- Add stock and 2-1/2 to 3 quarts water with salt and various peppers (to
taste) and also the lemon, chopped very fine.
- Cook for an hour or so stirring frequently.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes