Shrimp and Crawfish Fettuccini
- 3 sticks butter
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped green bell
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp peeled
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled crawfish tails
- 2 cups
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons
chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound fettuccini, cooked and drained
- 1 cup grated
- Melt the butter in a heavy, large Dutch oven over medium heat.
the onions, bell peppers and celery and cook, stirring often, for 10
minutes, or until vegetables are wilted and lightly golden.
flour and stir to mix. Cook, stirring often, for two to three minutes.
- Add the parsley, shrimp and crawfish. Cook, stirring often, until the
shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half, cheese,
jalapeno peppers and garlic. Stir until the cheese is completely melted
and the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and
- Arrange the fettuccini in a 3-quart casserole and pour the
seafood mixture evenly over it.
- Sprinkle the top of the casserole with
the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350ºF until the mixture bubbles, about
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Louisiana Seafood
Cajun Recipes Page 1