Herbed Crawfish and Feta Cheese Casserole
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. evaporated milk
- 1 c. plain yogurt
- 3 oz.
feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 lb. Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/3 c.
chopped fresh parsley
- 1 t. dried basil
- 1 t. dried oregano
4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb. angel hair pasta, cooked
16 oz. mild, chunky salsa
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tailmeat
1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat bottom and sides of a 13” x 9” baking
dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, blend eggs, milk,
yogurt, feta cheese, Swiss cheese, parsley, basil, oregano and garlic.
- Spread half the pasta over the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with salsa.
- Add half the crawfish tailmeat. Spread remaining pasta over crawfish.
and spread egg and cheese mixture over pasta.
- Add remaining crawfish tailmeat and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven
and let stand 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis and the Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes