Crab Stuffed Catfish with Parmesan Crust
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 2 cups Parmesan, grated (divided)
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in medium, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until translucent. Add wine and simmer
until mixture is almost dry. Add lump crab meat, season with salt and
pepper, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours until
completely chilled. Once chilled, fold in ½ cup Parmesan and 1 tablespoon
chopped chives to crab mix. Using a sharp knife, butterfly each fillet
lengthwise horizontally as evenly as possible. Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of
crab mixture on bottom half of catfish, being careful not to overfill. Fold
top of catfish over to cover stuffing.
- Season stuffed catfish with salt and pepper. Dip fillets into remaining
grated Parmesan, coating evenly.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
Carefully sauté catfish until a golden brown crust is formed. Turn catfish
over and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Garnish fillets with remaining chives.
Recipe and photo is courtesy of US Catfish Institute.