Bits O Bacon Bread
This is one of those loaves the whole family eats up, right from the
bread machine. Wonderful with any soup or salad.
- 1 1/2 ts Salt
- 1 1/2 ts Yeast, active dry
- 1 1/2 ts Yeast, fast rise or machine
- 1 c Water
- 1/2 c Wheat bread flour
- 1/3 c Bacon, with fat
- 1/4 ts Garlic powder
- 2 1/2 c White bread flour
- 2 tb Butter
- 2 tb Sugar
- 3/4 ts Green pepper corns, dried and crushed
- 3/4 ts Sweet basil, dried
- Cook bacon till almost
crisp. Set bacon fat aside while you crumble cooked bacon, then remix
bacon & fat before measuring.
- After loaf is partially cooled,
brush with butter and sprinkle a little coarsely-ground salt on top.
- Use regular or rapid bake cycle. 1 1/2 ts Yeast, active dry, or 1
1/2 ts Yeast, fast rise or machine
Source: Electric Bread
Makes 1 loaf of bread.
Bread Machine Recipes