Cowboy Steak and Twice Baked Potato (for four)
- 2 Bermuda onions, sliced ¾-inch thick
- Olive oil as
- 2 teaspoons crushed black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry Cajun
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 (4-ounce steaks) beef loin,
tenderloin steaks, side muscle off, skinned
Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 whole Idaho® potatoes (70 count)
- 3 whole peeled and chunked
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter
- ¾ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup sour cream (or crème fraîche)
- ⅓ cup
chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brush onion slices with oil. Place onion slices on
hot grid to “grill mark,” turning once, Remove; keep warm.
remaining ingredients, except steaks, in small bowl. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon
seasoning mixture over each steak; reserve.
- For each serving:
Pan broil 2 steaks in hot skillet over medium-high heat to desired
doneness, turning once. Place steaks on hot grid to “grill-mark.”
- Serve steaks on bed of grilled onions.
- Scrub potatoes and bake at 425°F for 50 minutes or until
- Cook parsnips in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Set
aside. Warm buttermilk and 5 tablespoons butter until lukewarm. Set
aside.Sauté garlic in remaining teaspoon butter. Set aside.
potatoes are done, split in half, lengthwise, and scoop out pulp. It is
important to work quickly so ingredients will remain hot.
- Mash cooked
potatoes with parsnips and add buttermilk/butter mixture, garlic, sour
cream, chives, Cheddar cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture
back into empty potato shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Put
potatoes under salamander or broiler for 5 min. or until brown.
Recipe and photo used with permission from the
Idaho® Potato Commission.