Chocolate Cupcakes with Creamy Frosting
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup Splenda®
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 pkg
Jello® Sugar Free Vanilla pudding*
- 1 8 oz. container mascarpone or
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 pkts Splenda®
- Half 'n Half
(to thin to make spread able if needed)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Whip egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff. In separate bowl,
using electric mixer, cream butter with egg yolks until light yellow and
fluffy. Add vanilla and Splenda®, beat until mixed.
- Add about
1/3 of whipped egg whites to the butter/egg yolk mixture and mix
lightly. Fold the whole thing in to the whipped egg whites and fold
- Add 1 cup of almond flour and fold lightly. Add
remaining almond flour, baking powder and cocoa and fold thoroughly,
being careful not to break down whites. Fill paper muffin cups in muffin
tin about half full. Bake at 325°F about 15 - 20 minutes until cracked
For the frosting:
- Whip mascarpone
or cream cheese in food processor or with electric mixer until smooth.
Add cream and mix again briefly. Add pudding mix and Splenda® and mix
well. Add Half 'n Half in 1/2 teaspoon amounts if needed.
enough to frost 32 cupcakes (2 batches) and will store in fridge or can
- This recipe can also be spread in fudge pan, frozen
and cut in squares as a treat.
- * Chocolate Jell-O® pudding can
be used for Chocolate Frosting or fudge.
Makes 16 cupcakes. 3
carbs per cupcake unfrosted, 6 carbs frosted.
Atkins Diet Recipes