Appetizers and Snacks |
Beef and Pork |
Bisque, Etouffee, Gumbo and Jambalaya |
Bread and Rolls |
Cajun Cooking Terms |
Cajun Jokes |
Chicken, Turkey and Cornish
and Relish |
Fish and Seafood |
Pasta, Pasta Sauce, Rice
and Beans |
Preserves, Jams and Jelly |
Salad and Salad Dressing |
Sandwiches and Po' Boys |
Seasoning, Sauce, Rub
and Roux |
Side Dishes, Vegetables, Gravy and Dressing |
Soup, Stew and Chili |
Cayenne Pepper Wafers
- 1/2 lb Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 c Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ts Cayenne pepper
- 1 ts Salt
- 2 1/2 c Sifted
- 1 c Chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Cream the cheese and butter. Sift
together the cayenne pepper, salt and flour; add gradually to the butter
mixture. Add the chopped nuts and mix well.
- Divide the dough in
half and shape into logs 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap well and
refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Line baking sheets with
- With a sharp knife, cut the logs into 1/4-inch
thick slices. Place the wafers 1 to 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly colored.
- Cool and store
in an airtight container.
Makes 6 dozen.