Blue Cheese Soufflé
- 1 Envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tb Cool water
- 4 tb Sweet butter
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 4 oz Blue cheese, softened
- 1 Egg, separated
ts Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c Heavy cream, whipped
- Soften gelatin in cool water, then gently stir over low heat to
- Using a food processor or electric mixer, beat
together butter and cheeses, adding egg yolk, mustard and gelatin.
egg white until stiff BUT NOT DRY, and gently fold into mixture. Then
fold in whipped cream.
- Prepare a 1-cup soufflé dish with a color
of oiled waxed paper or foil. Tie to the dish with string.
- Spoon mixture
into the dish so that it comes up over the sides and up to the top of
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Remove the
collar and serve with crackers or raw vegetables.