- 1 1/2 lb Beef Flank Steak
- Soy or teriyaki sauce
- Select a 1/2 inch thick flank or top round steak. trim away all fat then
partially freeze until firm. Slice across the grain in a 1/4 to 1/2 inch
- Place meat strips in a shallow dish or heavy plastic
bag. Add soy or teriyaki sauce to cover meat.
- If desired onion or garlic
powder or Worcestershire sauce may be added. Toss to coat each piece.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or over night.
- Lift meat
from marinade, drain will then air dry for a couple of hours. Arrange
meat strips in single layer on fine wire screen or cake cooling rack.
- Place in low oven (175 F to 200 F) or slowly smoke-cook in
smoker until meat is completely dried.
- Store in air-tight
- Serve as a snack or appetizer.