Appetizers and Snacks |
Beef and Pork |
Bisque, Etouffee, Gumbo and Jambalaya |
Bread and Rolls |
Cajun Cooking Terms |
Cajun Jokes |
Chicken, Turkey and Cornish
and Relish |
Fish and Seafood |
Pasta, Pasta Sauce, Rice
and Beans |
Preserves, Jams and Jelly |
Salad and Salad Dressing |
Sandwiches and Po' Boys |
Seasoning, Sauce, Rub
and Roux |
Side Dishes, Vegetables, Gravy and Dressing |
Soup, Stew and Chili |
- 1 1/2 lb Beef Flank Steak
- Soy or teriyaki sauce
- Select a 1/2 inch thick flank or top round steak. trim away all fat then
partially freeze until firm. Slice across the grain in a 1/4 to 1/2 inch
- Place meat strips in a shallow dish or heavy plastic
bag. Add soy or teriyaki sauce to cover meat.
- If desired onion or garlic
powder or Worcestershire sauce may be added. Toss to coat each piece.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or over night.
- Lift meat
from marinade, drain will then air dry for a couple of hours. Arrange
meat strips in single layer on fine wire screen or cake cooling rack.
- Place in low oven (175 F to 200 F) or slowly smoke-cook in
smoker until meat is completely dried.
- Store in air-tight
- Serve as a snack or appetizer.