Avocado Tofu Egg Dip
This recipe for Avocado Tofu Egg Dip is made with avocado, tofu, hard
cooked eggs, etc. then blended. Serve as a dip.
- 3 tb Cider vinegar
- 3 tb Cold water
- 1 Cake (1/4 lb) tofu
- 1 md
(4" long) ripe avocado
- 2 Hard cooked eggs
- 1/2 ts Dijon mustard
- 1/2 ts Prepared horseradish
- 1/2 c Very finely minced red onion
- salt to taste pepper to taste
- Place vinegar, water, tofu and avocado in the jar of a blender, or a
food processor fitted with the steel blade attachment. Puree until
smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Coarsely grate or finely chop the
hard-cooked eggs. Stir these, plus all remaining ingredients into the
- Cover tightly and chill.
Yield 1 1/2 cups.
From "The Enchanted Broccoli Forest" By Molle Katzen.