Cajun Cafe Brulot Recipe
1 T Brown sugar
1 Cinnamon stick
5 Whole cloves
1 Lemon rind, thinly slivered
1 Orange rind, thinly slivered
2 Thin slices lemon
1 Thin slice orange
1/2 c Orange-flavored liqueur
1/4 c Brandy
3 c Louisiana coffee w/chicory
Lemon rind curls
Orange rind curls
1. Combine sugar, cinnamon, cloves and citrus rinds in a chafing dish
medium skillet; heat until sugar begins to dissolve.
2. Add citrus slices, liqueur and brandy; heat.
3. Half fill a metal ladle with some of the hot liquid and carefully
4. Add to mixture in pan to ignite, ladling to distribute flavors.
5. When flame dies, add coffee; heat.
6. Serve in demitasse cups; garnish with curls of lemon and orange
This Cajun Cafe Brulot recipe is from our Cajun recipes collection