Simply Elegant Bear Steak and Rice
- 1 1/2 lbs. bear steak
- 1 1/2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large onions,
cut into 1/2" slices, rings
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of
- 1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms drain & reserve
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 3 cups hot
- Cut steak into thin strips.
- In a large skillet (oven-proof,
if desired), brown meat in oil, using high heat. Add onions. Sauté until
- Blend soup, sherry, liquid from mushrooms, and
garlic salt. Pour over steak.
- Add mushrooms.
- Reduce heat; cover
and simmer 1 hour or until steak is tender. (Or cover and bake at 350
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.
Recipe makes 6
Wild Game Bear Recipes