Country Style Beaver
- 2-3 lbs. beaver steaks
- 1/2 inch thick Bacon grease
- 2 cups
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 1 can
cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can or 1/2 lb. mushrooms
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a closable bag or 2 quart closable
plastic container and shake until mixed. Add beaver and shake until well
coated. Save remaining flour.
- Dice onions. Melt enough bacon grease in
the bottom of a fry pan to sauté onions and beaver. Sauté onions and
floured beaver in bacon grease, adding more grease as needed. Place
- Combine soup and mushrooms in frying pan.
2 to 3 heaping tbsp. of seasoned flour in 2 cups cold water. Add to soup
mix and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add beaver and onions to mix and simmer
covered for 30 minutes.
Wild Game Beaver Recipes