Cajun Run Venison Stew
- 1 to 1½ pound venison stew meat
- ½ cup seasoned flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 beef
- ½ cup tomato juice
- ¼ cup port wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- Place stew meat and seasoned flour in plastic
bag and shake until meat is coated.
- Heat oil in large, deep skillet or
dutch oven on medium high heat, brown meat on all sides, adding more oil, if
- Add garlic and fry 1 minute. Add water, bouillon cube, tomato
juice, port wine, lemon juice, steak sauce and thyme.
- Cover and simmer 1
- Add all vegetables and simmer another hour or until meat and vegetables
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add flour to pan juices to thicken
Source: Jennifer Edwards (Bill) Division of Wildlife Management,
Wild Game Elk and Venison Recipes