Armadillo in Mustard Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves,
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1 med. onion, sliced thin
armadillo, cleaned and cut into serving pieces
- 1 1/4 cups light
- 1 tbsp. brown mustard (e.g. Gulden's) or Poupon Dijon
- Mix all ingredients of marinade and add armadillo. Marinate about 8
hrs., turning meat occasionally.
- Remove armadillo and reserve marinade.
Melt butter in deep skillet and brown armadillo pieces.
- Pour in
marinade and bring to a boil. Stir in seasoning, cover and simmer until
tender (about 1 - 1 1/4 hours.)
- Remove skillet from the fire and place
armadillo pieces on a warmed platter.
- Mix mustard and
cornstarch, then mix in cream. Return skillet to low heat and stir in
this mixture a little at a time.
- Stir sauce until hot, but not boiling,
and thickened. Pour sauce over armadillo.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Wild Game Armadillo Recipes