Turkey Mole Empanadas
- 1/2 c Ground Turkey
- 1/4 c Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c Green onions,
- 2 tb Mole sauce
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 2 Puff pastry sheets
Egg, beaten with 2 T water
- Combine filling ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- If necessary, roll out puff pastry
slightly to be able to cut 12 3-inch circles from each sheet using a
cookie cutter or the rim of a glass.
- Place 1 T of filling on half
of a puff pastry circle. Brush entire edge of circle with egg mixture.
- Fold pastry over, form half-moon and crimp edges closed with a fork.
Repeat with the rest of the circles.
- Brush pastries with
remaining egg wash. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes