Popular Recipes: Appetizers and Snacks | Beef and Pork | Beverages | Bisque, Etouffee, Gumbo and Jambalaya | Bread and Rolls | Cajun Cooking Terms | Cajun Jokes | Candy | Casseroles | Chicken, Turkey and Cornish Hens | Condiments, Dips and Relish | Desserts | Fish and Seafood | Holiday's | New Orleans Restaurant | Pasta, Pasta Sauce, Rice and Beans | Preserves, Jams and Jelly | Salad and Salad Dressing | Sandwiches and Po' Boys | Seasoning, Sauce, Rub and Roux | Side Dishes, Vegetables, Gravy and Dressing | Soup, Stew and Chili | Wild Game
1 pk Spaghetti sauce mix(1.5oz)
1 cn Mushrooms,sliced(2.5oz)
1/4 c Milk
1 ts Garlic salt
1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cn Tomato paste(6oz)
1/2 ts Oregano, crushed
1 lb Turkey, ground
1/4 c Bread crumbs, seasoned
1/4 ts Pepper
1 c Mozzarella, cheese, shredded
1. Combine in a saucepan the spaghetti sauce mix, tomato paste and half
a tomato paste can of water.
2. Add oregano and mushrooms; bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Combine turkey, milk, bread crumbs, garlic salt and pepper.
5. Press turkey mixture evenly over bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
6. Spoon spaghetti sauce evenly into meat crust; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake in preheated 350'F. oven 30 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 15 minutes longer.
9. Cool slightly; cut into wedges to serve.