Spicy Turkey Sausage Patties
- 1 Poblano chili; roasted, stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 c Tightly packed
- 1/2 c Tightly packed fresh Italian-parsley
- 1/2 c
Tightly packed romaine lettuce
- 1 Bay leaf2 tsp. Dried oregano;
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Ground
- 1/8 tsp. Ground cloves
- 1 lb. ground turkey; (99% fat-free)
- In a food processor, place all of the ingredients except the turkey,
and process until smooth. Scrape the mixture into a medium-size bowl.
- Add the turkey and combine well with your hands until the spice mixture
is evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to let
the flavors meld.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Form the sausage into 3" patties. Fry the patties for 3 to 5 minutes,
turning once, until lightly browned. Serve immediately.