Teriyaki Turkey Fiesta
- 2 tsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Turkey, ground or slivered
- 2 tb
- Salt and pepper
- 1 c Celery, slice diagonally
- 3/4 c Green onion, chopped
- 1 lg Red pepper, cubed
- 2 c Snow peas,
- 10 oz. Water chestnut, canned, drained
- 1 tb Sesame seeds
- In Wok or non-stick
skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- Add turkey and stir-fry for about 4
minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add teriyaki sauce, salt, pepper,
celery, and onion. Cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Add red
pepper, snow peas, and water chestnuts; cover and cook for 6 minutes,
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds, if using.
This recipe utilizes either ground or slivered poultry with oriental
seasonings and vegetables. Ground turkey is becoming available in
supermarkets across Canada. Add extra teriyaki sauce if a stronger
flavor is desired and serve with cooked rice. Preparation time: 10
minutes, cooking time about 10 minutes.