Southern Cornbread Turkey Dressing
- 1 Pan Cornbread
- 8 Slices white bread, toasted
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Ribs celery, Chopped
- 2 Eggs, hard Boiled
- 4 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 c To 4 c chicken/turkey broth
- 1/2 Stick margarine
- 1 tb Crumbled
- 1 1/2 c White self-rising
- 3/4 c Flour
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- 1 c Buttermilk
- Crumble cornbread and toasted bread in a large bowl. Add
onion, chopped boiled egg and chopped celery.
- Add boiling broth to
mixture. Add crumbled sage leaves. Salt and pepper to taste. Add raw
eggs and melted margarine. Blend well.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish
and bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.
cornmeal, flour, eggs, and buttermilk in a bowl. Pour into a well
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.