Turkey Stew Island Style
- 1 1/2 lb. Turkey parts, skinned
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 Onion,
- 1 Green pepper, coarsely chop
- 2 Garlic cloves,
- 1 c Coarsely chopped celery
- 19 oz Tomatoes
- 1/2 c
- 1 c Chicken stock
- 1 c Peeled chopped potatoes
- 1 c Frozen green peas
- 1 tb Dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. Ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Thyme
- Cut turkey parts into bite sized pieces. In a large skillet or
saucepan, combine turkey and paprika.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, about 5 minutes and meat is browned. Remove turkey and set
- Place onions, green pepper, garlic, celery and mushrooms
in skillet. Cook, stirring constantly about 4 minutes and vegetables are
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, potatoes, peas, parsley,
pepper, oregano and thyme; mix well.
- Add reserved turkey, cooked
covered over low heat about 40 minutes or until meat is fork tender.
- Serve on hot rice.