Perfect Turkey Giblet Gravy
- Giblets, wing tips, and neck
- Bones from turkey
- 2 quarts Cold water
- 1 lg Onion, chopped
- 2 Ribs, celery, chopped
- 3 tb Shopped parsley
- Fat can be poultry fat, oleo Or butter
- While turkey cooks (or the day before), cover the giblets, wing tips and
neck bones with water in a large pot. Add onion, celery and parsley and
simmer 2 hours. Strain broth and reserve for gravy.
- Pick meat
from neck and wing tips; finely chop all giblets and meat. Pour turkey
drippings into bowl; let stand a few minutes or chill in refrigerator
until fat rises to the top. Skim off the fat.
- For each 2 cups gravy desired, use 3
tablespoons fat, 3 tablespoons flour and 2 cups of liquid (meat juices
or broth, vegetable juice, bouillon and/or water).
- Measure fat
into saucepan. Over low heat, blend in flour; cook until bubbly,
stirring constantly with a wire whisk. If desired, brown fat and flour
slightly to give more color and flavor. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in liquid and whisk constantly until blended with fat-flour
mixture. Add chopped giblets. Simmer gently about 5 minutes.
- Correct the
salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 8-1/2 cup servings.