Popular Recipes: Appetizers and Snacks | Beef and Pork | Beverages | Bisque, Etouffee, Gumbo and Jambalaya | Bread and Rolls | Cajun Cooking Terms | Cajun Jokes | Candy | Casseroles | Chicken, Turkey and Cornish Hens | Condiments, Dips and Relish | Desserts | Fish and Seafood | New Orleans Restaurant | Pasta, Pasta Sauce, Rice and Beans | Preserves, Jams and Jelly | Salad and Salad Dressing | Sandwiches and Po' Boys | Seasoning, Sauce, Rub and Roux | Side Dishes, Vegetables, Gravy and Dressing | Soup, Stew and Chili | Wild Game
1 1/4 lb Broccoli Cooked (or 2-10 oz. Packages)
5 c (4-6) Cooked Chicken/Turkey,
6 tb Butter or margarine
6 tb Flour
2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper
3 c Milk
1/2 c Mayonnaise
1 ts Lemon juice
1 c Cheddar cheese, grated
2 tb Butter or margarine
1/2 c Bread crumbs
1. Layer broccoli on bottom of greased 9x13" baking dish. Layer chicken
or turkey over broccoli
2. In a saucepan, melt the 6 tb butter. Stir in the flour, salt & pepper. Gradually stir in the milk and continue until the white sauce is smooth and comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
3. Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice with white sauce and pour over chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. Melt 2 Tb butter. Stir in bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole.
5. Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes.