Apple Pecan Dressing
- 2 med Onions; diced
- 1 lg Green pepper; diced
- 4 Cooking Apples;
- 8 Garlic cloves; minced
- 2 tb Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 lb
Margarine (or more)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 large Bag Seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 bunches scallions; diced
- 6 Celery stalks; diced
- 2 c Pecan pieces
- Turkey giblets - boiled, and diced
- 2 tb Oregano, dried
- 3 tb
- 6 c Chicken Stock
- Melt the margarine in a large stock pot.
- Add the onions, scallions,
green pepper, (Some hot chili, or Jalapeño, or Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
Peppers too, if you are adventurous-), celery, apples, pecans, garlic,
turkey giblets, and all the spices and seasonings, and sauté until the
onions are translucent.
- Add the stuffing mix, turn down the heat,
and stir until it is well mixed, taking care not to let the bottom burn.
Add the chicken stock, until you have the right texture and consistency.
- As soon as it is added, turn the fire off, and set the dressing to cool,
before stuffing the turkey.
Stuffs a 20 lb turkey