- 1 c Butter; melted
- 3 c Chopped onions
- 3 c Minced celery
slices White bread, dried, broken into small pieces
- 6 tb Minced fresh
- 1 c Minced fresh parsley
- 2 ts Salt; or to taste
- 1 ts
Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c Broth; or less (turkey, giblet or
- Put 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter into skillet. Add onions and celery and
cook, stirring often, over moderate heat until vegetables are soft but
- In large bowl, combine dried bread, sage, parsley
and salt and pepper. Add onion and celery mixture and remaining melted
butter. Toss until well mixed (using your hands works best for mixing).
- Add broth slowly, a little at a time, while tossing mixture to
moisten thoroughly. Take care to add only enough liquid to moisten or
stuffing will become sodden.
- To test stuffing in order to see if
seasonings are correct, melt a little butter in small skillet. Add
rounded tablespoon of stuffing to skillet and stir until lightly golden.
If it needs a more lively flavor, add more sage, onions or celery.
Makes Enough for 16-Pound Turkey.