Grandmother's Favorite Dressing
- 1 qt Day-old bread crumbs
- 1 qt Day-old crumbled corn bread
- 1 qt
- 1 c Chopped onion
- 1 c Chopped celery
- 1/4 c
Chopped green onion with tops
- 1/4 c Chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 ts Sage
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Pepper
- 2 c Turkey Broth defatted
- 1/2 c Melted
- 2 Slightly beaten eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crumbs, corn bread, crumbled biscuits,
onion, celery, parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Toss well. Add broth,
butter and eggs. Mix well, but lightly. (You may add extra broth)
Mixture should be extra moist.
- Loosely stuff neck and body
cavities of turkey, or for ease in preparation and serving, cook
separately in a well-greased baking dish or casserole during the last 45
minutes of turkey roasting time.
- Before serving, blend stuffing
from turkey with that baked separately.
Note: My Mom and I also
add hard-cooked eggs to the dressing.
Makes 11 or 12 cups.