Basic Bread Stuffing
- 1/2 c Butter or margarine
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 1 c To 2 c diced
- 15 c Toasted 1/2-inch bread cubes
- 1 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Black pepper
- 1 tb Dried sage, or 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 1/2 c Chopped parsley
- 1 c Turkey stock, water, or milk
- Melt butter in large stockpot. Add onion and celery and cook until
vegetables are tender but not browned.
- Add to bread cubes in
large bowl. Add salt, pepper, sage, and parsley and toss until well
mixed. Add turkey stock and blend well.
- Use to stuff 12 to 14-pound
- Bake leftover stuffing in lightly greased casserole at
325 degrees 45 minutes to 1 hour or until heated through.