Turkey Jalapeno Sausage Reuben
- 1 tb Bacon fat
- 2/3 c Onions, finely diced
- 3 Garlic cloves;
- 3 Jalapeño chile peppers- seeded and finely diced
- 1/3 c Bread crumbs
- 1/3 c Milk
- 1 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 c Heavy cream
- 1 tb Vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Ground turkey
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro; finely chopped
- 8 slices Rye bread
- 8 slices Monterey Jack
- 8 slices Tomato
- Southwestern Slaw
- Black Bean Relish
- In a medium skillet place the bacon fat and heat it on medium until it
- Add the onions and garlic, and sauté‚ them for 4 to 5 minutes,
or until the onions are tender.
- Let the vegetables cool and then puree
- In a large bowl place the jalapeño chile peppers, bread
crumbs, milk, salt, and pureed onions. Gently mix the ingredients
together so that they are well blended.
- In a medium bowl place
the egg, egg white, and heavy cream. Whisk the ingredients together.
the oil and ground turkey, and mix them in with your hands.
- Add the
cilantro and mix it in. Add the bread crumb mixture, and mix it in well
with your hands.
- Shape the meat mixture into 8 patties that are the size
of the bread slices.
- Preheat the oven to 350øF.
the patties in a baking pan and bake them for 10 minutes on each side,
or until they are firm.
- On each slice of the bread place a slice
of cheese and tomato.
- Place the bread slices under a preheated broiler
until the cheese has melted.
- Place one baked sausage patty on top of
each grilled bread piece.
- Top with the Southwestern Slaw.
- Serve the Black Bean Relish on the side.