Roast Turkey With Wild Rice Stuffing
- 4 oz. Wild Rice
- 4 tsp. Chicken Bouillon, or cubes
- 1 c Celery,
- 1/2 c Green Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c Butter or Margarine
- 1 c Hot Water
- 8 oz. Herb-Seasoned Stuffing Mix
- 2 tsp. Poultry
- 1 Turkey (Approx. 12 lbs)
- Salt & Peppers
- Prepare wild rice as per directions on package, dissolving 3 tsp.
bouillon in water before adding rice.
- Preheat oven to 325 deg.
- In medium skillet, cook celery and green pepper in butter
until tender. Dissolve the remaining bouillon in hot water. In
large bowl, combine rice, vegetables, bouillon liquid, stuffing mix and
poultry seasoning; mix well.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper.
- Stuff neck and body cavity loosely; truss.
- Place breast side up,
on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush with butter.
- Roast as label
- Turn extra stuffing into a well-greased 1-quart baking
dish; cover and refrigerate.
- Bake 30 minutes.