- 3 or 4 lemons, enough to yield 1/2 cup juice
- 4 cups water
cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries,
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Thin lemon slices (optional)
- Cut the lemons in half and ream or squeeze the juice from them. Pour the
juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a measuring cup and discard the
seeds and the pulp. You should have 1/2 cup. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place the water, sugar, salt, and strawberries in a saucepan and
bring to a boil over medium-high heat. As the mixture heats, stir it
often with a wooden spoon and, using the back of the spoon, crush the
- Continue to boil, stirring often, until the sugar has
dissolved and a light syrup has formed, about 2 minutes. Remove from the
heat, let cool, cover, and refrigerate until well chilled.
the chilled syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher; discard all
the strawberry pulp. Add the lemon juice and stir well. Taste and adjust
for sugar. Pour into glasses. Serve with ice cubes and garnish with
lemon slices, if desired.
Makes 4 8-ounce servings.
More Non Alcohol Recipes