Crab Meat Broussard
This recipe for Crab Meat Broussard is from Broussard's Restaurant in
New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 6 jumbo shrimp, peeled, tail left on, deveined;
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 fresh artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
cup heavy cream
- 3 oz. brie cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. whole fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 lb. jumbo
lump crab meat
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter
and sauté the shrimp until they are just cooked. Set aside to cool.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the yellow onion,
artichoke hearts, and garlic over medium heat until the onion becomes
- Sprinkle in the flour and mix well while cooking for a
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, then add stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for three minutes.
the heavy cream and simmer for another five minutes.
- Take the
brie and scrape off and discard the white skin; cut cheese into small
- Add brie to the cream sauce and stir until all of the cheese
is melted and mixed well.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, olive oil, and thyme.
- Set aside.
- After the cheese mixture is cool, gently fold in the
crab meat, being careful not break up the lumps.
- To assemble,
place one shrimp in the center of an oven proof serving dish so that it
stands. Spoon the crab meat mixture around the shrimp and sprinkle with
the bread crumb mixture. Repeat with the remaining shrimp.
- Arrange the dishes on a large baking pan and bake in the preheated oven
for fifteen minutes, or until the crab mixture is hot and bubbly.
Recipe serves 6.
Name of chef: Gunter Preuss
New Orleans Restaurant