South-of-the-Border Chicken & Rice Bake
Turn your family's chicken and rice dinner from ordinary to extra ordinary
with this spiced up version!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION®
Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cheddar
- 1/2 cup mild or medium salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (14 to 16 oz.) Southwest-style
vegetable blend: broccoli, corn, black beans and red peppers, thawed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
halves, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups total)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded cheddar
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x
9-inch baking dish.
- COMBINE evaporated milk and
condensed soup in baking dish with wire whisk until smooth. Add salsa and
pepper; mix well. Add vegetables, chicken and rice. Cover dish tightly with
- BAKE for 35 minutes. Uncover; top
with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is
melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES, COOKING TIME 45 MINUTES, SKILL LEVEL EASY.
9 SERVINGS, 1 CUP EACH.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Very Best Baking, used with permission.
TIP: Vary the taste of this bake by using a different flavor or heat level of