Mexican Refried Beans
- 1/2 lb.
dry pinto beans
- 1/2 lb. grated Monterey jack cheese
- 2 Tb. corn oil
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Wash and check beans for stones.
- Cook beans in water to cover at
a simmer for 2 hours with the cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain and let cool.
- Mash the beans with a potato masher or ricer.
- In a well seasoned or Teflon pan, heat the corn oil and fry the
- Add the Monterey jack cheese and cook until well blended.
Recipe serves 4.
Mexican refried beans go great with just
about any type of Mexican meal. Some People even eat them with
breakfast. Refried beans are great pared with tamales,
enchiladas, tacos, and many more Mexican dishes, along with Spanish