Drunken Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 marinated boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large red bell
- 2 Poblano chilies, roasted
- 3 Jalapeno peppers, roasted
- 1 head of garlic, roasted
- 12 oz. canned Rosarita enchilada sauce
- 8 oz. grated Monterey jack cheese
- 4 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 doz. large corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 0z. Tequila
- 1 Tb. corn oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cayenne (optional)
Mix marinade ingredients, and marinate chicken breast for one hour.
Barbecue or broil the chicken breasts, let cool and shred or slice
into julienne size pieces.
Slice roasted peppers into julienne size
Pinch roasted garlic from cloves and set aside.
Warm the tortillas until they are soft and pliable. One
at a time, spread a tortilla with the roasted garlic paste.
On one side
of the tortilla, place a portion of shredded chicken, roasted peppers,
olives, and about a tablespoon of Monterey jack cheese.
Gently roll up
the tortilla and place in a 12 cup baking dish or non-stick baking pan.
Repeat for all 12 tortillas.
Pour the enchilada sauce over the
enchiladas, and evenly spread the cheddar cheese on top.
in a pre-heated 325 degree for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle
the chopped scallions on top and serve with Mexican rice, refried beans
and a tossed green salad.
Recipes serves 4-6