- 1 Lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Lb. Ground Pork
- 1/2 c Dry Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 c Minced Onions
- 1 TB Minced Garlic
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 c Cold
- 1/2 c Ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme,
- 1 c Gingered Applesauce
- 3 TB Apple Cider Or Apple Juice
- 2 TB Light Brown Sugar, Firmly: Packed
- 1 TB Dijon Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly butter a roasting pan.
- Combine the beef, pork, bread crumbs, onion, and garlic in a large
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Beat in the
milk, ketchup, and seasonings and add to the meat.
- Mix with your hands
just until well combined. (A wooden spoon won't do the job as well as
- Shape the meat into an oval loaf in the buttered
roasting pan and bake until evenly browned, 50 minutes.
the applesauce, apple cider, brown sugar, and heat over medium heat
until the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the
applesauce mixture over the meat loaf, covering it well, and continue
baking until the top is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes longer.
the meat loaf from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before
Makes 6 to 8 entree servings.