Cactus Country Meatloaf
- 3/4 c Dried tomato bits
- 1/4 c Yellow corn meal
- 3 large Cloves
- 3/4 c
- Boiling water
- 1 1/2 lb. Lean ground beef
- 2/3 c Sliced green onion
- 1 can (4-oz) dried mild
- 1/3 c Chopped cilantro/parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 md Fresh/canned jalapeno-peppers seeded
- Combine tomato bits, corn meal, garlic and water; set aside for 10
- Thoroughly blend in ground beef, eggs, onion, chilies,
cilantro, jalapeno peppers, salt and pepper.
- Form into a loaf
and put into shallow baking pan, about 12 inches long and 4 inches wide.
- Sprinkle with about a tablespoon of additional corn meal.
in 375 degree oven 50-60 minutes until juices run clear.
- Let stand 10
minutes before slicing