Broccoli Stuffed Meatloaf
- 1 1/4 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Egg4 tb Bread Crumbs
- 4 Green
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Basil Leaves, Dried
tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 c Broccoli Floweret's
- 1/2 c Mild Cheddar
- 1 tb Butter, Melted
- 1 tb Tomato Ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the beef, egg, 1/2 the
bread crumbs, 3/4 of the minced green onion, 3/4 of the salt, the basil
and the pepper. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a full boil.
Drop in the broccoli floweret's.
- Cook until just tender-crisp (3 to 4
minutes). Drain thoroughly.
- Mix with the cheese, the remaining bread
crumbs, green onions and salt.
- Press half of the meat mixture
into a loaf pan (8" x 4"), forming an indentation in the center. Leave a
1" thick layer on the sides.
- Fill the indentation with the broccoli
mixture. Top the broccoli with the remaining meat mixture.
well around the edges, completely enclosing the broccoli.
the melted butter and ketchup. Brush the top of the loaf with this
- Bake until the loaf pulls away from the sides of the
pan and the meat is done (about 60 minutes).
- Serve hot.
- Cut in slices.