Basic Microwave Meatloaf
- 1 lb. Ground chuck
- 1 Egg
- 2 tb Quick-cooking oats
- 1 can
Tomato sauce (8-ounce)
- 1/4 tsp. Dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. Dried
- 1/2 tsp. Celery salt
- 1 tb Brown sugar
- 1 tsp.
- 1 tsp. Prepared mustard
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine meat, eggs, oats, onion, half the
tomato sauce, thyme, marjoram and celery salt.
- Shape into a loaf to fit
a 9x5 loaf pan. Shape the loaf so meat does not touch sides of the dish.Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave at full for 5 minutes. Pour
- Stir brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard into
remaining tomato sauce. Spoon tomato glaze over the loaf coating the
entire top and sides.
- Give the dish a half turn. Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave at 30% for 17 to 20 minutes or until a microwave meat
thermometer inserted in the center of the loaf registers 170F.
with foil and let stand 5 minutes.
- Temperatures will rise about 10F
during stand time