- 1 c Flour1/2 c Cornmeal
- 1 tb Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tb
- 1 Egg, beaten slightly
- 3/4 c MilkOil
Frankfurters, cut into thirds
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium
- With a pastry blender, cut vegetable shortening into flour
mixture until there are fine crumbs.
- Add egg and milk and blend well.
- Pour vegetable oil to a 2 inch depth in a deep fryer or large
saucepan. Heat to 375 degrees.
- Pat frankfurter dry with paper
- Insert a toothpick into the center of each frankfurter.
- Dip each frankfurter into batter and then into hot oil until golden
- Drain on paper towels.