Kids Popcorn Balls
- 1/2 c Molasses
- 1/2 c Corn syrup
- 1 1/2 Cubes butter (3/4 cup)
- 8 c Popped popcorn (measure after popping)
- Cook 1/2 cup molasses with corn syrup until thermometer reaches hard
crack stage, about 270 degrees. Stir in butter and salt.
the popcorn in a bowl.
- Slowly stir in the mixture with a wooden spoon.
Coat all the popcorn.
- IMPORTANT! Butter your hands lightly and
shape the popcorn into balls. Make them the size you want.
them on wax paper and let them harden.
- Wrap the ones you don't eat with
From: San Diego Tribune, Saturday Aug. 3.