- 1 1/2 Bushel basket Macintosh-Apples
- 1 1/2 Bushel basket
- 10 lb. Delicious Apples peeled and chunked
sugar to taste
- Nutmeg - grated
- Wash and half Mac's and Wine sap and cook until soft in as little water
- You can do this in pots on the stove (watch for burning) or
in roasting pans in the oven. Even the microwave will do.
through food mill and add brown sugar and cinnamon and nutmeg grated to
taste. Add chopped delicious apples if you want chunky style.
- Heat to
boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Pour boiling hot into hot jars
leaving 1/2 inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Adjust caps.
pints and quarts 20 minutes in a boiling water bath.